Employing staff for the first time can be exciting. However, it’s important employer’s following the following six key steps when hiring their first employee:
- Decide how much to pay. Make sure you pay your employee at least the National Minimum Wage.
- Check your prospective employee can legally work in the UK. You may have to do other employment checks as well.
- Apply for a DBS check (formally known as a CRB check) if you work in a field that requires one.
- Get employment insurance. You need employers’ liability insurance as soon as you become an employer.
- Send your new employee, in writing, details of the job, including terms and conditions. If you are employing someone for over a month you must give them a written statement of employment.
- Tell HMRC by registering as a new employer. You can do this up to four weeks before you pay your new employee.
Payroll Services in Essex
Becoming an employer involves a lot more than just hiring your first employee. PAYE, National Insurance, and RTI rules and regulations are all areas you will need to learn about.
If you rather not deal with the stress of it all, Nine Ashes Bookkeeping provides payroll services across Essex, focusing on the Brentwood, Chelmsford and Billericay areas. We offer a personalised, friendly service at affordable prices. We ensure your payroll complies with the ever changing regulations and all RTI submissions are submitted correctly and on time.
If you are looking for a payroll services provider located near Brentwood or Chelmsford in Essex, give Emily a call on 01277 823688, or email email@example.com to find out more about our payroll services and how we can help you with your business.